Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gruit results and shared information
10-03-2013, 12:04 PM,
RE: Gruit results and shared information
(09-26-2013, 01:10 AM)Intermezzo1257 Wrote: So what kind of flavor does Damiana bring to the party? I can find a lot about its effects, but not what it tastes like.

This is a great question. I'm sorry I wasn't able to answering it sooner, but now that's I've made tea using just Damiana I am more confident with what it's has contributed with the gruit.

It's not fruity at all. It's kind of a grassy root with white pepper notes. It's more peppery than anything else, but not like a strong black pepper corn pepper, more subtle hints of pepper.

I'm guess the notes about Damiana as an aphrodisiac contributed more to it's addition than actual taste, but maybe I am wrong. :-)

Although only in the secondary, I'll probably do a tasting of my Gruit this weeks HBW video.

Cheers!

~Tony
10-04-2013, 04:57 AM,
RE: Gruit results and shared information
Peppery? Interesting. I think I'll stick close to he original and pass on the Damiana.

Besides, I don't know if I'd want to share it with any male friends if it acts as an aphrodisiac. Although I do have a couple female friends that.... hmmmmm.